We owe our success to Johnson & Johnson employees who are passionate about our mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. People join Johnson & Johnson to build a purpose-driven career that makes a difference; they stay with us to help create healthier lives and improve the wellbeing of the patients, customers and consumers we serve in our communities. Our Credo unifies our global, multi-generational workforce around the purpose and principles we’ve espoused since the beginning of our Company and continues to inspire our diverse employees around the world.
We maintain a comprehensive strategy that is built around three fundamental focus areas: attracting and recruiting the best and most diverse talent; developing and retaining talent through a broad array of learning and development experiences; and empowering and inspiring our people through innovative engagement initiatives and programs. Underpinning these focus areas are ongoing efforts to cultivate and foster a culture built on diversity and inclusion, innovation, health and wellbeing and employee safety across our Company, where our employees are empowered to succeed professionally and personally while helping us achieve our business goals. Our Global Labor and Employment Guidelines confirm our commitment to upholding the rights of employees as encompassed by International Labor Organization conventions and United Nations Global Compact Labor Principles.
Our Executive Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer, is a Corporate Officer and a member of the Johnson & Johnson Executive Committee charged with overseeing Global Talent Management, Global Benefits, Global Health Services and Worldwide Compensation Resources.
Our culture is rooted in the values embodied in Our Credo, which calls on us to support our employees across their whole lives – spiritual, mental, physical and financial. Guided by this principle, we provide thousands of individuals with the opportunity to build a varied and diverse career across the full spectrum of human health and the opportunity to help advance our purpose of changing the trajectory of health for humanity.
"We are responsible to our employees, the men and women who work with us throughout the world. Everyone must be considered as an individual. We must respect their dignity and recognize their merit. They must have a sense of security in their jobs. Compensation must be fair and adequate, and working conditions clean, orderly and safe. We must be mindful of ways to help our employees fulfill their family responsibilities. Employees must feel free to make suggestions and complaints. There must be equal opportunity for employment, development and advancement for those qualified. We must provide competent management, and their actions must be just and ethical."
Key Achievements in 2018
- Marked the 75th anniversary of Our Credo while also introducing enhancements to modernize the language and clarify our commitments.
- Made significant progress on our HealthForce 2020 goals in each of the core pillars and launched our Global Exercise Reimbursement program.
- Re-imagined hiring at Johnson & Johnson to allow for greater transparency, improved efficiency and a stronger candidate experience through new platforms.
- Supported employee development by providing new tools, resources and experiences that are targeted at raising the performance and skill level of our people and supporting continuous growth.
Areas of Opportunity
- Further develop our workforce analytics capabilities to optimize the diversity of our employees.
- Continue to globalize our employee resource groups and fully deploy their business impact.
- Optimize our SUMMIT learning management system for capturing and categorizing our training and development opportunities.