Responsible business practices serve as the foundation of our Company’s success and are imperative to protecting the broader healthcare system and the communities in which we live and work. We nurture a culture of ethical leadership and integrity in our diverse, skilled workforce committed to serving all those who count on us to provide high-quality, safe and reliable products. Whether we are seeking to protect the data and privacy of our patients and consumers, being transparent about our business activities, engaging with suppliers or assessing options for safe, ethical and patient-centered decision making, we seek to sustain the trust earned over the course of more than 130 years of business operations.
Key Achievements in 2018
- Co-led development of connect4children (c4c), a project to create a pan-European clinical trial network by 2024 to facilitate the conduct of pediatric clinical trials in the EU.
- Advanced to “Trendsetter” status on the Center for Political Accountability’s CPA-Zicklin Index, which the organization deems as those companies most transparent.
- Enrolled 61% of top-spend suppliers in our Sustainable Procurement Program.
Areas of Opportunity
- Advance our holistic approach to ongoing human rights due diligence process by conducting an enterprise-level mapping of salient human rights issues.
- Integrate environmental, social and governance measures into the update of our Enterprise Risk Management framework.