At Johnson & Johnson, inspired by Our Credo, we use our scale and resources for good, contributing to many causes around the world to help advance health and improve people’s lives through targeted initiatives providing local support, engaging employees in our communities, supporting them in cases of emergencies and donating products for a range of needs.
Our giving is funded by the Johnson & Johnson Foundation, a registered charitable organization that reflects the commitment of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies to advancing better health for all. Funded solely by the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, the Foundation currently operates worldwide as Johnson & Johnson Foundation US (founded 1953) and Johnson & Johnson Foundation Scotland (founded 2007). These independent entities support both global and in-country partnerships and initiatives, opportunities for employee engagement, and disaster response activities managed by the Global Community Impact team at Johnson & Johnson, including the Center for Health Worker Innovation. See our Position on Community Impact.
Signature partnerships: We also maintain several global partnerships and platforms that advance healthcare and the quality of life for patients, consumers and communities. In 2020, we continued to engage across our range of partnerships, in many cases, intensifying our support to help combat the challenges of COVID-19. (See also our section United in Defeating COVID-19.) These partnerships include:
- CARINGCROWD: A crowdfunding platform for global public health.
- Save the Children: A longstanding partnership, supporting a range of programs such as newborn survival, support for refugees, response to humanitarian crises and joint advocacy.
- UNICEF: A 30-year partnership to strengthen health systems in 20 countries and territories.
- Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program: A partnership since 2013 to provide young leaders in healthcare with opportunities to contribute to solving health issues.
- Global Citizen: A partnership since 2016 to address public health challenges through this social action platform.
Product donations and financial support: In the United States, we also support independent initiatives by donating medicines and funding to the Johnson & Johnson Patient Assistance Foundation, Inc. (JJPAF), an independent, nonprofit organization committed to helping eligible patients without insurance coverage receive prescription products donated by Johnson & Johnson operating companies.
* See The 2020 Janssen U.S. Transparency Report
Total products and cash
contributed globally (millions)
|Products contributed globally (millions)||$2,043‡||$1,383+||$1,299|
|Cash contributed globally (millions)||$524‡||$423+||$313|
+ See PwC's Report of Independent Accountants in 2019 Health for Humanity Report.